Saturday, April 22, 2023

Charity blocks and small projects

This week was focused on small project finishes.

Grandson David chose some fabric while he was here.
The plan was to make a project bag but we ran out of time.
He did have fun quilting the fabric on the sewing machine.


This is the finished bag.
I will mail it to him if he wants it or it can stay here for his future projects.


Memphis Modern Quilt Guild asked all members to make blocks for two charity quilts.
I think the quilts will go to tornado/flood victims.

The string block below has my 1" strips with a solid supplied by the guild. 


The blocks below had to have bright green alternating with white-low contrast strips.
The color in the photo isn't true and 'bright' is a subjective term to me.
It will be interesting to see how these quilts look when finished.


My recent Missouri Star box included 'Flat Chuck' with a request to take photos with him.
Ava helped me get this pic when I took her to her horseback riding lesson with Miss Julie.


This week I made some more sleep masks for my favorite yoga instructor.
Her daughter-in-law asked for some. A great way to sew up some scraps.

Next Friday I am taking my first trip to the quilt show in Paducah.
I will be shopping for items to include on my collage quilt.
I have signed up for two lectures.
I will share next time.

Happy sewing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment