Sunday, September 25, 2022

Mixed bag of finishes

This week I finished the birthday boy's play mat.
I thought I would use hook and loop tape to close/fold the mat.
Instead I threaded cotton cord through the loops as I originally planned.
The cord is from a stash of mom's so little boy has a connection to his great-grandmother.
The mat is quilted around the road sections. It does not have binding.


Miss A has a new dress to wear when she vacations at the beach in a week.
The fabric has vintage bathing costumes in the light blue and sailboats in the dark blue.
I added a bit of red and white striped fabric to accent the bodice and pockets.


Brother has a matching short overall.
In the photo I was auditioning red buttons but I decided to use navy on the finished outfit.
I used snap tape on the crotch and cording on the button holes.
The lining and pocket fabric features croquet mallets and is in the same fabric line.
Red and white stripes for the pocket accents like his sister's dress.


Celebrate wall hanging is finished.
I sewed gold pony beads on each flame to add a little sparkle.


Hand quilting in the letters of 'celebrate' and jingle bells on the large cupcakes
finish the wall hanging.

I changed my mind about more hand quilting.


Center of wall hanging with hand quilting and bells.


Finished on my birthday!


Birthday present from our son's family.


What's next?
We will see - maybe small zip bags for silent auction.

Have a good week.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment