Sunday, February 27, 2022

Finished Pineapple Swirl

Quilted and bound.
Pineapple Swirl is finished.
I quilted diagonally where the blocks joined.
Since some of the stitching was not secure I stitched across each block from point to point.


The backing used up most of the border print.
I washed the quilt in cold water with color catchers.
My washer would not spin all the water out so I had to squeeze the quilt and let it drip
before putting it in the dryer.


The pink binding fabric bled uniformly on the front but I don't see it on the back.
I'm sharing it tomorrow at quilt guild.
Mostly pleased with how it turned out.


Next to quilt - Hey June! started in 2020 as a quilt along.
I made it bigger with the intention of making it into a sleeping bag.
As time passed I let go of that idea.

I pinned it on the floor because it was too big for the dining room table.
I used some poly batting that I found in my mom's sewing room as I was cleaning up and selling the house. She had so many projects unfinished. I guess that is why I want to finish one quilt before starting another.


Look for another finish soon.

Happy sewing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment