Sunday, October 10, 2021

Applique Cheater Fabric Quilt Tops

When I saw Apricot & Ash appliqué cheater fabric I jumped right in and bought two yards of it.
I want to make houses with the appliqué designs as the side wall.
One yard has twenty-four appliqué designs.
Reality set in. There is no way I will make that many houses.

Next idea-make some quick quilts to share with friends.
Trying some border fabric below. 


I had all the finishing fabrics in my stash except one.
Most fabrics were from the 50 yards I won years ago from FabShopHop.

This top is my favorite with the blue border.
The blue has a little lime green that matches the center 
and blue is also in the floral in the 4 patch blocks.


The lime green with peach borders probably looks better for those who like things to match.
I was pleased with how the borders extended into the corner 9 patch blocks.

I'm backing both with white chenille so they will be cosy lap quilts.
The size is 60" X 58".


I posted both quilt tops to Facebook and Instagram and asked friends which one they liked.
The results was about even. Now I know which one to give which friend.

This play mat is on hold until closer to Christmas.


Lots going on around here. 
Trying to get a house ready to sell.

Have a great week!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment