Sunday, June 7, 2020

Finished section one

I finished section one of My Small World quilt.
Below are some of the individual blocks.


Here are some more.


Two spaces are just fabric cut to the right size.
I machine appliqued the bottom left and middle blocks.
I'm not much of a hand applique person, although I have tried.
I used a very small machine blanket stitch for the applique blocks.
The small bears in a cave block is also appliqued.


I sewed the blocks together in 3 columns.
Most of the seams were ironed open.


Next to last part - sewing the 3 columns together and pressing those seams open.


Finally top and bottom sections were sewn together! Looks pretty good. 



Here are a few of the extra blocks I made as I worked on section one. Next up - working on section two.


No comments:

Post a Comment