Sunday, January 19, 2020

January 2020 First Finish

Since Ava was coming last week end, I made some clothes for her baby doll, Henrietta.
See finished garments below.


Long sleeved top - white on white print
Skirt - left over Grinch fabric from Ava's Grinch dress.


Narrow double sided velcro bought from Etsy doll maker.
This is the best stuff for closures on doll clothes.
One side is sticky and the other is soft.
It comes in about 20 colors. I went with white but could have matched each fabric.


Ava picked out this blue print to make a dress after she got to our house. I had less than a fat quarter and had to piece the skirt and one side of the back. Still turned out cute. Wish I had recorded Ava's response when she saw the finished dress.


Henrietta in a flower print dress with tiny lace trim. I have a shirt made from the same fabric.
Doll clothes are great way to use scraps.


Updating this post to show the romper and jumper. Each were made from fat quarters.
I planned to link with the Peacock Party last week end but it was too late when I finished.

This week I have been working on a mini-quilt. I may post about it by Sunday.

2 comments: