Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Queen of Hearts SAHRR Finished

Lots of photos of my finished wall hanging - Queen of Hearts
I finished the Stay at Home Round Robin today when I sewed the label and binding.
The quilting was done on my Pfaff 1473 using the walking foot/even feed feature.
I echo quilted around the center heart.
The rest of the quilt is done with stitch in the ditch vertical lines and other vertical quilting.
The only fabric bought for this quilt was the binding fabric.
Everything else was in my stash.



I used a permanent gel roller to write the label.
Ironed to set the ink.
I have a stack of 5" white squares that I use for labels.
Most of the time I make a triangle label but this time I had too much to write for a triangle.


The backing fabric came from a charity fabric sale last fall.
I didn't have a project for it but really liked the stamps.



I sewed the binding on the back first then ironed the binding and clipped it to the front.




Overload of pics but I want to document this fun quilt along.
Thanks all of the online quilt bloggers who contributed to this project.

 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your Queen of Hearts SAHRR wall hanging!! I have that same backing fabric with the stamps in two colorways. I bought it years ago for an ambitious project that was above my skill set (at the time.) I still LOVE that fabric and really need to USE the strips I cut for that class!! Thanks for the reminder and enjoy your new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you quilted your Queen of Hearts! It looks great! And to have it all completed, including a label - Congratulations! Thanks for Linking to the SAHRR '23 Linky Parade!
    quilting gail

    ReplyDelete