Sunday, May 3, 2020

Waiting for supplies

Last week I had nothing to post here. 
I wasn't ready to quilt either of the lap quilts that I had ready.
I ordered more batting to use in one of the lap quilts.
It took extra long for the order to get to me.
Finally my supplies came.


I will use this batting for several quilts. It was a good price and local shops are closed.
I also received three packs of sewing machine needles. That should last for quite a while.
I'm most pleased with this kit for making a mini quilt.
Our quilt group is asking members to make mini quilts for an auction.
The kit has 12 fat quarters and has enough fabric to make two mini quilts.



I started cutting yesterday and made two stacks of strips.
One stack for each mini quilt.
I like the arrangement given in the directions and I will make one quilt by it.
The other quilt will have a different arrangement of the half squares.


After cutting all the squares for one mini, I went to work sewing.
Ready to sew away the afternoon.


As I waited I worked on rearranging two bedrooms.
Found some long forgotten patterns, half finished projects, and souvenirs from a trip to Australia.
Look for a finished mini next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment