Saturday, May 30, 2020

Starting a new quilt

Last October when I visited our daughter I bought a Jen Kingwell quilt kit at  Gotham Quilts. It has been waiting for just this sort of time. A time with no interruptions and lots of time to think and plan.
I was hesitant to start cutting the fabric and not sure where to start so I made notes through the book. The kit doesn't have the exact fabric as the quilt in the book. I have decided to use some of my own scraps to make it more personal. I will hang it in the grandchildren's playroom. They may notice fabrics used in quilts I have made them.

Below you can see some of my notes. I also looked online at blogs where some others have made the quilt.


I started with section one on the left above.
One blogger said she started with the sky, so I did that first.
Below are the buildings in the top part of section one.


Here are the blocks I have finished this week.
Next I will work on the rest of section one.
I have going to take my time choosing, cutting, and sewing.
Hope you don't get bored seeing my progress.
This quilt came out in 2015 and maybe you made one, too.


Our blueberry bushes are full of berries.
Below are the first pickings.
I love having something so easy to grow and yummy to eat right in my backyard.

What are you sewing?
Have a good week.
I forgot to link up with Peacock Party so I'm going to share with a new group.
Linking up with From Bolt to Beauty. Hope I do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment