Friday, May 15, 2020

Sewing for boys

This week I have been sewing for the boys in my life.
I crocheted this little hat for grandson we are waiting to meet in October.
The yarn is soooo soft. I am working on a blanket to match.
Photos of blanket soon.



The patterns below are the ones I used to make lab coats for Liam and David.
What? Girls shirts for lab coats?
I used the shirt/coat patterns for the shoulders and sleeves.
I used the collar on the top pattern for both coats just made one larger for the larger coat.
I lengthened the top pattern and cut the front with an added interfaced edge.
The bottom coat pattern was squared up at the bottom and had an added collar.
Not too hard since I have done lots of garment sewing.




Below is the larger lab coat made with the Butterick pattern with collar and top pocket added.



The second one is smaller. I used the Simplicity base pattern and added length, pockets, and front opening.




Here they are. Ready to mail to the 'scientist' and his 'assistant'.
Liam and David are making science videos as they quarantine in New York City.
Their grandparents are their biggest fans.
Can't wait to see the next episodes.


What are you sewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment