Tuesday, January 24, 2023

First Round of SAHRR

The first round is to include a spool block.
I made mine 3.5 inches but changed the method to make the block.


First I auditioned a black and white fabric with pops of solid colors on the corners.


After making one block I tried the colors again.


I made my spool blocks by cutting 1.5 inch strips from the border fabric and the solids.
Then I used the stitch and flip method to make the corner triangles on the border strips.


Ta-Da! My spool blocks are flipping around the corners.


My extra fabric for the X blocks I'm making for another top was delivered.
Next post on that progress.

Happy sewing.









 

10 comments:

  1. I am just getting started on my spool blocks. The pieces are certainly tiny when making a 3" block! But they look super. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! I love those little pops of color in each of the four corners and the black/white print is fab. I cannot wait to see where this goes next! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see where we are going, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your border and spools work really well! Will be fun to see this quilt grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see the next row.

      Delete
  5. Clever method. Oh well, I needed practice with little squares. :-) I like the way your black/white and color are working with the center valentine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have pulled lots of black/white fat quarters to keep the pattern going.

      Delete
  6. What a fun and funky quilt your SAHRR is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete