Monday, January 30, 2023

Charity quilt finish

This week end I worked on a charity quilt kit I was given at UTQG Tuesday.
It was an easy pattern with 4.5 inch strips of several dog themed fabric.
The flimsy was made in a couple of hours.


I wanted to return a finished quilt, so I looked in my stash for batting, backing, and binding.


The batting was assembled from one big piece and a few smaller bits.
I found a funny cat fabric for the backing.


The binding only took 15 inches WOF.
I used small clips to flip the binding to the front and hold the corners in place over night.


The quilting is straight line quilt in the ditch.


I plan to wash and dry the quilt before I turn it in at the February meeting.


Hopefully some of the wonky quilting will crinkle out after washing and drying.


I love how a folded quilt looks.
A quilt for a dog and cat lover.


Don't my corners look great?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment