Friday, December 4, 2020

Sewing, Crocheting, Documenting

Sewing happened this week.
I made this snuggly cape for Ava.


Back view above.
Front view below.
The back dips down a little.
The fabric is a super soft fleece.
The pattern had only 3 pieces. It was very quick to make.


The pattern included a hat.
I used MSU fleece. The hat is big enough for me, so I will be making a smaller size for Ava.


I finished crocheting Kenton's blanket.
Started when everything was locked down.
I ran out of the blue and bought some smaller skeins of gray and a lighter blue.
Ran out of those and couldn't find the same colors.
I was able to find a darker gray so that's what I used to crochet around the edge.


Kind of wonky but I don't think baby Kenton will mind.


In the floor redo I came across a hooked rug my mother-in-law made for me.
She took a class and was often working on small rugs.
This one was made for my piano bench.
I thought it would look good as a wall hanging. I wrote what I remembered on the back 
to document her work. Not sure of the exact date.


Now hanging over my bed.


Next up. Ribbon Barbie dresses, Christmas stocking for baby Kenton, 
and floor cushion to use up leftover upholstery fabric.

What are you sewing?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment