Sunday, December 13, 2020

Barbie dresses and Christmas trees


This week Barbie and Midge were surprised with new ribbon dresses.
I saw the idea on a doll sewing blog and used the ribbon I had on hand.
These will to go Ava for her Barbie dolls.
I used my 60 year old dolls as models for the pics above and below.


A few weeks ago I got another Annies kit as part of the present that my son gave me for my birthday.
The easy part is done. Christmas trees cut out, fused, and stitched with a machine blanket stitch.


The instruction booklet includes the patterns for everything.
The kit includes all the fabric. I only have to add batting and thread.


Now I get to learn a new sewing skill. All the circles are sewn into yo-yos and stitched on the trees.
I have finished one. Only 42 more to go.
The last step will be quilting. I'm thinking of hand quilting the gold thread decoration on the trees.


Here's to learning new things!
Look for a finish next week end.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment