Sunday, December 27, 2020

Holiday Trees table runner finished

The Holiday Trees table runner kit was part of my birthday present from my son & his family.
The first part was easy - appliqué trees. But the finishing part was three sizes of yo-yos.
I had never done them before. Good to learn new things, right?


Above the trees and yoyo circles.
Below the instruction booklet that came with the kit.


Fifteen gold and twenty-eight red yo-yos later
I hand stitched them in place and the top was done.



I sewed the binding on the back by machine.


My new procedure is to iron the binding so it is ready for the final finish.
I added a little corner triangle for a label.
Then sewed the binding on the front by hand.


It just fits our cedar chest coffee table.
Snowman decoration works with the colors in the runner.


Another view of the runner on the chest.
The chest was made for my mother when she was a child.
She was the only child in her family to have a cedar chest.


I hand embroidered the gold on the trees.
Machine quilted around one side of each tree.


Back side of quilting.


Finished label. Completed on Boxing Day. 
Can we count that as a Christmas finish?


We are about to get on the road to Memphis for a late Christmas lunch with
our son and his family. Only the second time to see little grandson in person.
He is 3 months old. So thankful for FaceTime with family.
Hope you had a safe and happy holiday.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment