Sunday, June 23, 2019

Taking a break from quilting

I finished making over two hundred half square triangles for my Good Fortune quilt.
But they all need to be trimmed and I need a break.


I cut out the rectangles and squares for the green chevrons but just couldn't face all that rote sewing.


I want a quicker finish as a break from this quilt. 
I bought these two fabrics to make hats for the cousins who will be gathering in July.
Their other grandparents have had a pirate ship playhouse built in their yard.
I thought some nautical sailor hats would be just the thing for them to wear as they play.


But before I make the sailor hats I have to make a hat and doublet for a friend's son. He chose the black and gold brocade for the jacket and black velvet for the hat. It took about an hour to cut out the pattern pieces from the tissue paper. I hope to get this costume made this week. That will leave me over a week to make 5 sailor hats.


What's on your list for next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment