Saturday, June 8, 2019

Road trip and UFO finish

This morning I drove about 45 minutes to Yazoo City to see a quilt show.
Yazoo City was the home of writer Willie Morris and the setting of My Dog Skip.
The quilt show was in the town museum that I think was the old city hall.


There were three rooms of quilts hung in different ways. I liked this one of a town.


Unfortunately it was too big for the hanger, so it was hung over the rod.
The top is below. I flipped the photo so I could see the blocks better.


There were two quilts made with this Autumn pattern.
This one was appliqued neatly and embellished with beads and buttons.


This one was different with a 3-D magnolia flower in the upper right corner.


There were some barn quilts outside and inside.


Barn quilt cat!


It was a lovely day for a road trip.
The corn was as high as an elephant's eye.


Day lilies were blooming.


And my UFO finish - a charity lap quilt to be donated to Jackson Quilters. 


Hope you are having a great week end!




No comments:

Post a Comment