Friday, June 28, 2019

Madrigal Costume

The plan for this week was to take a break from quilting and make a madrigal costume for a friend's son. Monday I cut out all the pieces. Tuesday I made the hat and broke two sewing machine needles in the process. I hand stitched the crown to the brim and will caution Noah to treat it gently.
By Wednesday I had the top of the doublet sewn together.
Thursday  saw the skirt of the doublet attached.


Today I finished the sleeves and made all the button holes for the sleeves and front of the doublet.
I think a black leather belt would look good and add some definition at the waist.


View of the back.

Imagine a fancy white shirt and tapered black Renaissance pants.

Next the hat needs a band to cover the seam joining the crown to the brim and my part of this costume will be done.

Linking up with Peacock party!
Wendy's sashiko looks great. Wonder if I should try doing one?

1 comment:

  1. The outfit looks most impressive, congratulations indeed!

    ReplyDelete