Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Week before Easter

Early in the week these fat quarters came from Quilting Gail.
I won one of the prizes for participating in the Stay At Home Round Robin.
I think I have an idea of how I'm going to use them.


The curtains were hung in the downstairs living area.
Simple, plain lengths of fabric.


I posted about making the cloth Easter baskets last week end.
I looked through my box of unfinished sewing projects 
and found more unfinished smocked egg bits.


I had six finished.


Now I have nine finished and one ready to finish.
I searched several local craft stores but couldn't find
the styrofoam egg I needed. All sold out.


This heart shaped baskets was in my sewing room and now holds the eggs.


The finish below is a charity quilt from Uncommon Threads Quilt Guild.
The top was done by someone else.
I quilted it and sewed the binding on.


There was enough of the backing left to make the binding.


The quilting is straight-lines about 3" to 4" apart.


I used variegated tan/brown thread for the quilting and binding.


All folded and ready to donate.


Happy Easter!

Can't wait for the grandsons to come tomorrow.

Happy Sewing.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment