Sunday, April 30, 2023

Paducah Quilt Show

Friday I attended my first international quilt show.
A church near me took a group to the AQS Paducah show.
We went to the show and ended the trip with a visit to Hancocks.


A few things from the show.

I took two lecture classes and still had time to walk around the exhibits and vendor sections.
 I'm having problems accessing the photos I took of quilts I liked for this post.

I'm writing this bus trip story so I can remember it.

The two travelers who sat in the bus in the seats in front of me were friends.
They called each other at the beginning of the trip when one had gone to the wrong
place to meet the bus. We waited while friend #2 found us and boarded the bus.

When it was time to leave the quilt show and travel to Hancocks, friend #2 was in her seat on the phone to her friend. I could hear her adamantly telling her friend that she was on the right bus. She insisted that she saw the people that she recognized and she had gotten on the right bus. Her friend was just as certain that she was on the right bus and did not see friend #2.

I looked around the bus and spied friend #1 a few rows behind me. I tapped on friend #2 and pointed.
Still on the phone friend #2 told friend #1 to turn around.
They laughed and laughed at themselves, relieved that they were both on the right bus.

It was a fun trip. I am glad I went to my first international quilt show.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment