Saturday, April 15, 2023

Sewing with family

This week we had our daughter and her boys here for a visit.
David's first stop was the sewing room to try on the costume he made last year.


He pinned it to my dress form and I tacked the pieces together.


Next he wanted to make something.
We chose fabric to make a project bag.
He had fun quilting the back piece on the sewing machine.


But what he really wanted was a cape.
I showed him some dark navy fabric in my stash.
He liked the reverse side - a dark gray.
We used this pattern from my pattern stash and added 12 inches to the length.


He wore the cape everywhere and took it back to NYC this morning.


Darling daughter wanted a tote bag with a zip.
'Make a canvas bag' has been on my to-do list for ages.
I had all the necessary fabric, interfacing, and zipper.


I sketched a bag with a flat bottom.
I didn't want to turn the bag from a small opening.
So the bottom was the last piece applied to the bag.
I used left-over binding to finish the seam at the bottom.


Below is the binding is almost finished.


The bag has 4 inside pockets, one outside pocket, and a strap for a rolling bag handle.
Very pleased with this bag even though I broke two sewing machine needles making it.


Last night all the grandkids were here for Mr. M's birthday.


Since Mr. M likes all the flavors of desserts we had a smorgasbord. 


It was a fun week! 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment