Sunday, May 16, 2021

Using up flannel scraps


Hi, there. This post is like a mixed-up mystery. 
The photos didn't upload in order.
I am labeling them and numbering them in the correct order.
Have fun following the sequence. ;-)

I have a bin full of flannel scraps left over from making square receiving blankets.
The scrap pieces were mostly 36 inches by 8 inches.

I used a bib pattern that was free on the Coral & Co. blog.

7. Add hook and loop tape at the back neck.


5. Put two matching bibs right side together and sew around the edge. 
Leave 2-3 inches for turning.
I used the blanket stitch setting at maximum width (6.0) and and medium length (3.0).
No need to clip curves with this stitch.


6. Turn to right side and press.
Top stitch making sure to stitch closed the opening used for turning.


1. I traced the 6 month size pattern onto tissue paper.
The pattern is to be cut on the fold but most of my scraps were too narrow.
So my hack was to add 1/2 inch seam allowance instead of the fold.


3. Sew the two sides together where the seam allowance was added.
Then trim to 1/4 inch and finger press open.


2. Cut out two panels of the same fabric with the seam allowance. This will be the front of the bib.
Cut another set from a different or the same fabric for the back of the bib. 


4. Very proud of matching lines on this print.




8. Ta-da! Double sided flannel bibs made from scraps.


P.S. I made 12 bibs in quick order.
This will become a standard part of my baby gift in the future.

Thanks for following my crazy, mixed-up photo story.

 

3 comments:

  1. Good use of scraps. I'm sure the recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flannel bibs. I made some in cotton...back and front with cotton batting, but I think your idea is better. I will have to do the same, thanks. BTW do you know the difference between flannel and brushed cotton? I need to make a queen size quilt and thought I would use flannel, but now not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it was a really good post. In idea I must place in writing similar to this moreover – spending time and actual effort to produce a excellent article… but exactly what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no indicates seem to go done. Ethiopian Airlines Bookings

    ReplyDelete