Saturday, May 29, 2021

Florentine Quilt Top

My mom made quilts for her grandchildren. Except for one.
She bought the fabric but never made the quilt.
I found the fabric and instructions when I was going through her sewing supplies
a few weeks ago. 

Last Tuesday I cut out the blocks and started sewing.
The pattern is Florentine and is based on mosaic tile floors found in Florence, Italy.


Blocks in progress above and below.

Some blocks are simply squares of fabric.
The quilt comes together quickly.


The directions say to sew the blocks in columns.
Half of the columns below.


Today I finished the whole top (with a few delays for ripping incorrectly placed columns.)
Tuesday to Saturday is a very fast finish for me.


I have ordered wide backing and plan to pay someone to quilt it.
Excited to finish this for Karen.





 

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete