Sunday, May 23, 2021

Twin Quilts for Twins

Several months ago I heard that a friend of mine was going to be a first-time grandmother to twins.
Around the same time I saw some quilts made with Apricot & Ash mock appliqué fabric.
I loved it so much I bought two yards of the appliqué print with grand ideas for several quilts.
One yard of the fabric has 24 appliqué designs. 
Here is what I made for the twins.


Same border fabric in different order.
Pin basting above and below.


Quilt A ready to be trimmed.


Quilt B ready to be trimmed.


Quilted and bound. Ready to gift to the new grandma.


The backing is chenille minky. Had to get a little creative to cover both backs.


My usual corner labels.
By the way the babies were due in June but came 10 weeks early.
Baby Addison has gotten to come home but Baby Bonnie is sending a little more time in NICU.


Hope to give my friend these baby quilts and a couple of bibs.
The backing is so snuggly. I know they will be well loved.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment