Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Little Weaving and other pursuits

I was inspired to try mini weaving by an online post. I ordered a set of little wooden looms but was impatient when I didn't hear from the vendor. So I ordered a couple of plastic mini looms from Amazon.

Of course I needed a new needle book to hold the different needles and tools.

Below is the new needle book.


Felt pages for needles.


First tries with the plastic looms.


Inside cover has a place for large needles.


Back cover has a spot for other tools.


The long, narrow loom is good for bracelets and bookmarks.
I haven't found instructions for making a bracelet but I have made a couple of long pieces.


There has been other sewing going on.
Below is a back view of VFT's Lola top.
I added 5 inches to the length to make it into a dress for Ava.


Below is the front view. Super easy to make.
The striped fabric looks like ticking.

My mom made ticking overalls for my brother and me about 65 years ago.
I remember us wearing the matching outfits to the state fair the week our baby brother was born.
My aunt and father took us to the fair since mom and new baby were in the hospital.
My brother's birthday is always the same week as the fair.


Another dress for Ava. This is VFT's Abigail dress with ruffles instead of sleeves.


The blue fabric looks sort of gray in the photo.
Sharing with Ava on the Saturday before Mother's Day.


I have finished two quilt tops for my friend's twin granddaughters.
They were born ten weeks early and are still in NICU.

Look for twin quilt finish next time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment