Friday, April 23, 2021

Turning 12 My Version

New grandson Kenton needed a gran-made quilt.
I had a large collection of boy fabrics and a two yard piece of minky plaid for backing.
I looked for a different layout using fat quarters and found Turning Twenty.
I used the basic block set up but only needed twelve to make the 60" X 72" size I needed.
Below are the blocks I made and one possible layout.


Here are two photos of the finished quilt. I added a strip down each side using the pirate fabric I originally planned to use as the focus. On each corner I added a lighthouse fussy cut from a fat quarter. 


I sewed the backing envelop style without binding.
If I were making this again I would quilt it and add binding.
Minky stretches as it is quilted. I had to rip out the bottom seam to adjust the backing.


The Saturday before Easter we delivered these to our Memphis grands.
The Sunday Picnic froggies, two dresses for Ava, quilt for Kenton, and a matching
pirate pillowcase.


I started this post in March and now finishing it in April.
Computer problems and other distractions.

Next week I will share my attempts at weaving and some new sewing projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment