Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Detour into costume construction

A few weeks ago our grandsons went to a Renaissance Faire.
They loved the costumes so our daughter asked me to make some tunics like the ones below.



After getting their measurements and finding out which costumes to make
I started figuring out how much fabric was needed and how to replicate the style.
I didn't have a pattern.


The red one was the trickiest to construct.
Above the front piece is waiting for the back to be added.


It took eleven yards of black tape to outline this tunic.


I made a simple belt with D rings and cotton braid.


This blue and black tunic was very easy to make.
But I ran out of gold trim and there was no more at Joanns.
Fortunately Michaels had something similar.


I made another D ring belt using blue and black fabric.


The costumes have been mailed to Liam and David.
They are going to the Ren Faire again this Saturday.
Hope they have a great time.


Yesterday was my birthday and sweet sister-in-law sent me this Quilty greeting. 


Miss Ava, our granddaughter, brought me flowers.
It was a great birthday!

Happy Sewing.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment