Sunday, October 2, 2022

Silent Auction Sewing & Learning to Paper Piece

Mississippi Literacy Association asked for some silent auction items to raise funds for literacy grants to teachers. I am making some zip bags with a new pattern that only uses 3 fat quarters.


Sea shells above showing the lining and binding.

Below the first two bags finished.


Below the lining and binding on the tossed cats bag.


The third bag is almost finished - just the binding to do.


The outer and inner fabric has to be quilted together before the pieces are cut.
I love this day/night mirror image of houses but wasn't sure what to do with it.
I think it makes a cute bag.


Sorry for the sideways photos.

I am also making two flannel swaddling blankets and including some flannel bibs.
Surely someone will need baby gifts at the silent auction.


Saturday I zoomed with new quilt guild friends to learn how to paper piece.
I have always avoided paper piecing because I couldn't figure out the written directions.
Doing it with others on zoom with step by step instructions helped a lot.


The two sections we did together are one-fourth of the finished block.


I will finish the block later this week.

Below is a template for circles that I found at an art supply store.
I think I will use this for making appliqué circles on my wool appliqué project.


What have you been doing this week?
Hope you have found time to sew.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment