Saturday, October 15, 2022

New York Fabric & Threads

We spent the week in New York wrangling the grandsons to school and after school activities.
While they were in school we took in a new exhibit at the Met on the Tudors, ate in Little Italy, bought pastries in the neighborhood and Chinatown, and visited Gotham Quilts.


I took photos to remember how the shop looks so I can find it on our next visit.


Here is what I bought...


... a stack of fat quarters on sale, some NYC fabric, thread, 
and llama thread keepers.
Also I talked to the person who made the shop's version 
of Small World quilt.
I bought my kit at Gotham Quilts 3 years ago. I enjoyed talking to her about my variations and plans for binding and hand quilting. 

Below is the store's Small World quilt.


The Tudor exhibit had some embroidery from the period.
The stitches are so tiny I don't know how it could have been done.


Gold work on velvet and satin.
So intricate.


At the Cloisters the tapestries were amazing. It is hard to imagine how such complicated weaving was done back then.
I loved the flowers on this one.


Before we left for NYC there was a reception at the Cotton Museum for all of the quilters who made a mini quilt for the show. 
Ta-da-


 I made these cute bat candy holders for Halloween.


The boys thought the bats made great neckwear 
after they ate all the candy. Haha!


Next up
Paper Piecing Progress.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment