Sunday, March 13, 2022

Trying some wool embroidery


In the fall I decided to take part in Sue Spargo's Tinsel Block of the Month.
I'm interested in attending one of her workshops in person and thought this might be a way to try
her instruction before committing to the time and expense of a trip to a class.


The first block arrived near the end of January.
I was working on the quilts I recently posted so I waited to start Tinsel.
There are strict rules about posting the blocks to social media - Don't!
There is a closed Facebook group for posting blocks and asking for help.


One thing I am very pleased to have purchased are the sewing needles.
No words to explain how excellent these are.
I'm in love with them.


Since I can't post my blocks here are some supplies that I'm using.
The freezer paper sheets are from my mom's stash.
I almost gave them away but so glad I kept them.
The sheets are very easy to use to make the pattern pieces.

I flagged the pages in Sue's book that I will need for the first and second block.


I'm keeping the monthly instructions and fabric in a binder.
The extra wool fabric is for practicing stitches before I make them on the blocks.

I pre-ordered the thread for the embellishments but did not order the wool thread for
appliquéing the wool pieces onto the blocks.
Now I'm waiting for that thread order to arrive.

Meanwhile I'm still sewing the big stitches on my Hey June quilt.

Have a good week!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment