Sunday, July 18, 2021

Vacation fabric purchases and new sewing machine

Last week we spent time at Hilton Head Island with our daughter and her family.
Of course I had to check out the local quilt shop, Island Quilters.

Below are some fabrics that I will make into a memory lap quilt to help us remember the dolphin tour and butterfly house we saw on the trips.


The two pieces below will become a dress for Ava.
She wasn't on the trip but she loves the beach so I think she will enjoy having a dress made from this cute ocean adventure fabric.


On the way to the beach we stopped to visit with my brother and sister-in-law.
Doreen was looking for a new home for her grandmother's treadle sewing machine.
I was interested. My brother delivered this beauty to our house Friday.
Curb service!


Can't wait to find out if I'm coordinated enough to sew with this machine.


When we got back home I had a text from quilter Angie.
The Florentine Flowers quilt was finished.


She did a great job with an all-over fan pattern.
She used cream on the top and white on the back.


The binding will be the cranberry fabric in the photo above.


I have trimmed the excess. Next to prep the binding.

Meanwhile I am slowly making progress on Hey! June.
I have all the light colored blocks finished.


Just about to go work on the dark blocks.

How was your week?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment