Friday, July 2, 2021

Quilting and dressmaking busy-ness

Once again the photos uploaded in the wrong order.


This week I finished a dress for Ava - Piper by Violette Field Threads. I cut it out yesterday afternoon and almost had it finished in two hours. I changed the armhole finish from the way the directions suggested. The photo to the side is the back view.








Below is my quilt finish. Yes, I had sort of finished it months ago but I wanted to embellish it with big stitch quilting. I finished all the embellishment and wrote the label Monday. It is on my bed and I love it. It was a good learning experience. I will use what I learned when I do some big stitches on My Small World quilt ... maybe in the fall. 

Below is the documentation I wrote on the lining of the Piper dress. After reading comments on VFT's Facebook page, I thought it would be good to write the name of the pattern and the size in the dress.
If Ava wants another Piper dress, her mom can see which pattern to request.


I used bias strips to finish the armholes. The directions showed how to make a burrito fold, sew the seam and turn the dress inside out. I wasn't confident I would do a good job with the process. Happy with my hack.


In other sewing news I started Hey! June by Gudrun with others from around the globe. I have my fabric cut and ready for assembly line sewing.


Going to Ava's tomorrow, then to the beach for a week.
Looking forward to time with grandchildren.
Happy sewing!



 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your Good Fortune quilt. Can I send you mine to finish too? I've started hand quilting mine, but I put it aside more than a year ago and have never got back to it. You're looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete