Friday, July 30, 2021

Quilt finish, flimsy finish, weekender bag finish

The quilt
Florentine Flowers for Karen
The fabric and pattern were bought by my mom but she never got around to making it.
I pieced the top and sent it to Angie for quilting.
Now the binding is on and it has been labeled. I will share it at Jackson Quilters before giving it to my niece Karen. She loves cats so if the pieced top doesn't fit her decor she can use the cat side.






The Flimsy
Hey! June blocks finished. 
I liked the arrow illusion layout.
The benefit of taking a photo of a layout - view of possible problem blocks.


I moved four blocks and sewed the columns together with continuous thread webbing style.
Then I sewed the columns together.
The cream on cream border was added and that's a flimsy finish. Yea!


                                                                             The Weekender Bag
This is the second Wren Weekender Bag I have finished. This time I made the handles and fused a lighter weight interfacing to the outside fabric. I chose the inside binding finish technique. I used a very stiff inter 
facing for the bottom and it was hard to turn the four corners. I decided to hand stitch the inside binding.


The bag does stand up with this thinner interfacing.
I have several yards of beautiful canvas that I will use to make some more bags.
I am considering fusible batting for the next one.


More bags to come.
Oh, I bought some fancy ribbons that may show up on small zipper bags.
Check back next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment