Sunday, February 7, 2021

So Close to Finished

My Small World quilt is so close to finished.
Only two hills (the most complicated ones) left to make.


I took photos of my alternate process for making the overlapping half circles
on one of the buildings. 
I wanted to make these without fusing or hand sewing.

The photos are in reverse order.
Below is the finished block.


Below shows temporary stitching anchoring the half circles.
I used a machine blanket stitch as the finishing stitch.


Instead of fusing or hand sewing I lengthened the stitch and sewed 
on the fold line. Then I pulled one thread to gather the fabric.
I finger pressed the excess down, then pinned the shape in place.


Below is one half circle gathered and ready to place on the block.


I traced the shape on card stock and added a quarter inch on the straight side.
I drew around the shape on the back of the fabric, then cut out the shape, adding
a quarter inch on the curved side as I cut.


Now I have to work on those hills.
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment