Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sky sections done

This past week I started on the final two sky sections of My Small World.
Looking back it would have been better to do all the sky first to get a more consistent look.

Below are the finished sky sections.
I decided to use blocks of green as foundation pieces for the to-be-added hills.

Another change - I'm not doing the embroidered blocks.
Instead I fussy cut an Eiffel Tower from fabric and a New York City street map showing
the part of the Upper West Side where our daughter's family lives. 


Here is an in-progress photo of the final section.
Check the photo above.
I decided to swap the very top around so the dark blue is on the left side.


Trying out sky pieces.


The back of the hill section.
Look at all the seams!



Hope I'm not too late to join the Peacock Party.
See you next week end.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment