Friday, January 15, 2021

Small World section 3

This week I worked on section 3 of My Small World.
I'm late to this party. There have been many different groups who have made 
this quilt since it debuted in 2015.

The good thing in coming late - I have been able to find lots of photos online
of so many versions and interpretations of the pattern.

Below are the three sections I have completed.


Section 3 has been the most difficult for me so far.
The house on the bottom left has two Y seams and no directions for how to construct it
in the pattern book I bought. For some reason that block finished a half inch too short.
It could have been my error. Anyway, I decided to add a strip of the house fabric to the bottom.
Works for me.


Next week I think I will focus on the sky of the last two sections. 
I saw some great variations of sky sections online.

Look for updates next week end.
I'm linking with the Peacock Party.

I always enjoy seeing what others are sewing.
Have a great week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment