Sunday, February 28, 2021

A lot has been accomplished in the past two weeks!

My Small World flimsy is finished. It has backing and batting pin basted,  ready to be hand quilted.

But I had two tops waiting to be quilted and bound and my brain wanted them off the To-Do list.


Above and below is Parlor Tricks lap quilt.
I bought the fabric and pattern from Victoria Findley Wolf's NYC fabric store.
I had a fun adventure finding my way to her store and Gotham Quilts when I visited my daughter.


Making the quilt was a learning experience in how to sew partial seams.
I was pleased with the results but couldn't decide how to quilt it.
The quilting is plain but I think it works.


The next finish was Scrap Dance Minuet.
I followed instructions from Carole @mycarolinahome.

I had some fat quarters I wanted to use together.
I went with a green solid for sashing instead of white.
I backed it with Minky Dots because I plan to give it away and people like snuggly quilts.


Tomorrow our quilt group is having a virtual meeting on Zoom.
I am sharing both finishes in our Show & Tell segment.
Thought this pose looked more like our real times together.


Oh, and then I was straightening up in my sewing space and came across a kit.
It looked like a quick finish. Just iron on the pieces and sew around the edges.
Will be a wall hanging soon.


I have been cross stitching in the evenings to participate in February Embroidery Month.
Pat Sloan had a cute mug rug pattern for free on her blog.
I had to try to reproduce it with things I had on hand.


We had ice and snow here in the Deep South for a week and I never left the house.
Happy sewing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment