April 2025 I made this dress for Ava.
She chose the pattern because it was called 'Ava'.
It had an empire waist and button closure.
I lined the bodice with white batiste
and made covered buttons from the teal fabric.
This summer when Ava wanted
to wear the dress it didn't fit well.
She had grown a few inches taller.
The style wasn't flattering.
I looked for leftover fabric from the main fabric
but found very little of it.
I went to The Sewing House
hoping there was still some in their shop.
The only thing I found was a cream print
from the same fabric line but no teal.
Buying a yard I planned to make the top cream with a teal skirt.
Then I looked online and found a shop that had the teal.
I bought a yard and waited for it to be delivered.
The new dress is made from Violet Field Thread's Elowen pattern.
It is a very flattering pattern
with several options for sleeves and length.
I used the cream fabric for the bodice,
cap sleeve lining, and waist accent.
The back has a lovely V neckline and a zipper.
Ava prefers zippers to buttons.
This dress had to wait while I made another project -
cloak for Ava's trip and one for little brother, too.
Then my favorite sewing machine stopped working.
The back-up machine was not right for this pattern.
My new machine was great for sewing this dress.
As I made a dress for me and this dress
I learned how to use many of the features of this Baby Lock Brilliant.
I even hemmed the dress with the blind hem stitch and attachment.
Very happy with this finish.
Now back to my Midnight Garden.
No more detours.
Get.It.Done.
Happy Sewing!





No comments:
Post a Comment