Miss Ava and her mom are going to NYC for a girls' weekend.
One of the activities is attending the Harry Potter play.
So, a Hogwarts cloak was needed.
After checking the costume collection at our house, I decided to make a cloak
I found a free pattern to download and bought fabric.
One suggestion was to accent the sleeves with pink lightning bolt fabric leftover
from a dress I made for Ava last year. I found a 2 inch bias strip.
I cut it into 1 inch strips and added it to the cloak.
Above is the finish.
It has a frog closure - hand stitched.
Side view
Showing the front facing.
The neck seam was exposed so I whipped down a velvet ribbon to cover it.
This girl was so pleased with the cloak.
She said it was the best!
Ready for the show.
#granlovestosew
Happy Sewing!
Next - make a cloak for brother.








No comments:
Post a Comment