Thursday, July 18, 2024

Catching Up

Sewing has been happening here but not any finishes.
I have been making oopsie blocks from Bonnie Hunter's 2023 leaders & enders.
When I put them together I found that I made two different directions of blocks.
Oopsie!


I used scraps and tried out the paisley above as sashing.
Then I decided to use the flowers on white below instead.


The top and bottom sections are twirling one way and the middle section twirls the other way.
I don't think it will be too noticeable with sashing between the sections.
When I finish this it will be donated to our guild's charity quilt program. 


Most of the time I finish one project before starting another. Gotham Quilt Shop
offered a free pattern, Indiglow, that used blue and white fabric, 
paper-pieced, square in a square in a square.


I have been saving a stash of blue and white fat quarters. 
A couple of fat quarters had Japanese children in traditional dress playing.
I fussy cut those to be the light blocks.


There are 81 paper pieced 6.5 inch blocks.
I am almost finished sewing them.


The pattern finishes at 54 inches square. 
I may add top and bottom borders to make a large lap quilt.


The week of July 4th we had a fun vacation in Colorado with our son's family.

Happy Sewing!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment