Monday, June 10, 2024

Catching Up

Last week was Vacation Bible School at GUMC and I didn't have much sewing room time.
I haven't posted the T-shirt pillow I made a week or so ago.
Posting to remember the steps. Used my new serger!


First cut off the sleeves and neck/shoulder seams


Next sew the top edges together.


Keep the hemmed bottom edges and fold to the size needed.
The back was folded on itself. The front was folded into the middle of the sandwich.


Serge both sides and the pillow case is done.


Turn it right side out.
The bottom of the front piece is turned after the pillow form is inserted.


Here is the back with the overlap turned out.
I could whip stitch it or sew hook and loop tape to secure the back.


The front without the pillow form.


The finished pillow ready for hugs and snuggles.


In other sewing - I am trying to decide how to quilt this mini for the Flora & Fauna Mini Quilt Show.
I machine basted the layers together. Thinking about feather stitch, running stitch, and colors of thread.

Any thoughts?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment