Friday, March 29, 2024

Wrapping up March

I had fun making little chick bags for Easter.
I remembered all the people who were part of my early years and some who also
worked with my daughter and son when they were preschoolers.


I made eleven little chick bags for my grandkids and the little ones in my preschool choir.

Last Tuesday at Uncommon Threads Quilt Guild we tied some quilts for our charity project.
This is the one I helped tie. I volunteered to bind it.
Below is the finished binding.
The quilt had been folded for a long time and had cat hair on it.


Below is a shot of the quilt after I washed and dried it.
I like the look of a tied quilt.
I may tie one of my finishes in the future.
It is a fast way to finish a quilt, I think.


I am working on a mini quilt for the Cotton Exchange.
The theme this year is 'Flora & Fauna'.
I took an online class on coloring on fabric.
These are the birds I am going to use on the mini.
Below I am trying out fabric.


Another set of choices.


A lighter middle piece with some of the birds tinted.


Back to the green in the middle.


I decided to cut the fabric into 7.5" squares and lay them out in a nine patch.
The quilt cannot be bigger than 24" square.
I am planning on sashing/bordering to make it look like window panes?


We will see how this progresses.

Happy Sewing!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment