Sunday, August 27, 2023

MQA Bingo Fun

Are you a member of a quilt guild?

I'm a member of four groups - Jackson Quilters, Mississippi Quilt Association, 
Uncommon Threads, and Memphis Area Modern.

I'm too far away to attend monthly meetings of the first one 
but I enjoy reading the newsletter and keeping up with members on Facebook


Uncommon Threads is trying a new block of the month idea.
It is more 'color' of the month.
I chose the half rectangle block and watched a Missouri Star video for inspiration.


I had fun cutting up scraps for these blocks.


I soon ran out of neutrals so I bought half yards of these.


Below - trying out first and last columns.
The finished quilt will look more modern than traditional, 
so I may donate it to a Memphis Area Modern Quilt Guild charity.


Taking photos of possible layouts helps me see the colors better.


I took some time to put scraps into color piles and then into shoe box size bins by color.


For the last two weeks Mississippi Quilt Association has been playing quilt bingo.


It was lots of fun. 
I tried every space and got a blackout!


Half rectangles are fun.

Happy sewing.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment