Friday, February 17, 2023

Tell Me a Story Swap Flimsy

Photo overload.
Just scroll down.
I am posting this to save and remember this great block swap.


I signed up for two swap groups.
I made the cat blocks quickly.
The general blocks took more time.
I made four different blocks for each swap.


Then I tried different settings.


It dawned on me that using only the swap blocks would make a small quilt.


All the blocks above are the ones I made to swap.

My plan to alternate the story blocks with setting blocks led to the X blocks.
I used 4 neutrals and a blue print from my stash.


The next few photos are layout mock-ups.




There was a cute dog fabric at the local shop.
I made 5 puppy blocks and one bunny block.


Swap blocks started coming.









It is interesting that I had not seen any of the focus fabrics in the swap blocks.

As the blocks came I sewed up the rows.
I put one of my blocks in most rows.


The finished flimsy uses the neutrals as the border with 4 of my blocks as the corners.

Next step to make the sandwich, baste, and quilt.


Hoping for a quilt finish next week.













 

5 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! What a fun idea! I really enjoyed seeing all the different fabrics. Elizabeth in Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project. The flimsy looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! What a beautiful swap quilt.

    ReplyDelete