Friday, February 24, 2023

Tell Me a Story Quilt is finished!

Well, this was a fun block swap.
The quilt finished at 68 X 80 inches.
I used 36 Tell me a story blocks from 18 other sewists plus 17 of my own.
There are 49 X blocks that I designed.
I quilted vertically in the ditch between each column.
The borders have a middle line of quilting and the corner blocks are quilted around the center.


It all started when I read about the swap online.
I bought the book below and started my blocks in December 2022.


The backing uses up a little over 4 yards of long stashed fabric.


Binding is the same fabric used in the X blocks.
I had some in my stash and ordered more online.


Not finished until the label is filled out.


I am going to love telling stories to the grandkids using these blocks as inspiration.


Thanks to all who swapped with me.


Here it is on a double bed.
It should fit a twin better.


Another view.


I'm also working on the 30 day wool stitching challenge with Beth Colletti.
I'm hoping to transfer my stitching skills to my Tinsel Trees wool appliqué project.


One more clue left on the Stay at home round robin.
I am combining #5 and #6 in the final border to keep the size small.


Happy sewing!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment