Friday, December 23, 2022

Sewing and other activities

 This little guy who loves to try on big shoes was too sick to go to preschool. I went over Monday and Tuesday to help out. Wednesday I had a bone density test and mammogram - all the fun I could stand.


I worked on the dress up super hero capes.
I'm pleased with my version without batting.


The shields have a stiff iron-on interfacing.
They were tricky to turn right side out and finish on the curve.


There are arm bands and a belt but I don't have photos.
Super hero presents are ready for Christmas.


I bought the panel to make this busy book a couple of years ago. When I looked at the directions I was surprised by the number of steps needed to complete the book. So.... it stayed in the 'to-do' pile thru the move and for months in the sewing room. 


Little boy is getting older and the optimum time to play with a busy book was getting shorter.
With a positive Covid test and mandatory stay inside protocols, I started sewing.


Every double page has a flap to lift.


This book went together in a totally different order from other cloth books I have made.


Multiple flaps and two finger puppets.
The flaps would not stay up, puppets to the rescue.
The puppets have iron on interfacing and lining zigzagged on before sewing fronts to backs.

The flaps have interfacing ironed on one side.
The pages have batting - actually frankenbatting.

I used lots of old scraps of interfacing on this project.


Final page


Hope this is a hit with little boy and his sister.

Next, I have joined an online paper piecing group and will be swapping blocks using the book on the left.
My tea themed paper piecing will continue as well using the book on the right.


I have hung my Christmas quilts on the upstairs railing.
In the past I have hung one of these quilts on a wall.
I wanted to try something different in the new house.


I bought some 2 inch C-clamps at a home fix-it big box store.
They worked great. One clamp on each corner.

I can change the quilts easily.
Look for more quilt displays in the future.

Merry Christmas!










No comments:

Post a Comment