Sunday, November 13, 2022

Flannel Week

We have been watching The Great British Baking Show. 
Instead of Pastry Week maybe the sewing equivalent could be Flannel Week.

This week I sewed up some of my flannel scraps.
I needed a sleep mask and found a free pattern online.


The first one was so quick and easy to make and I have so many flannel scraps.
More masks!


Mini clips were handy when sewing the closing.


I used a little bit of fleece for some of the masks.


The online directions have a very helpful hint - stack the batting on the top when sewing the layers together.


I had lots of colors of elastic in my stash, batting scraps, and flannel scraps.


Lots of flannel.


Finished masks.
Little miss saw them and took one for herself.
She liked the one with fleece on one side.

Then I started cutting flannel for a rag quilt.
Thanks to Doreen I have some very colorful strips of flannel.
I went for 5 inch squares and cut enough for 72 two sided blocks.


My original idea was to make the quilt 8 squares by 9 squares.
After making a few strips I realized my quilt would be very small and I had LOTS of scraps.


Change of plan -
above is half of the rag side of the quilt.
12 squares by 12 will be about 48 inches square.
Below is the smooth side.


Seventy-two more two sided squares ready to be sewn together.


Mini clips help me keep pairs in order.


I like the random colors.
I bought some spring assisted snips for cutting the raw edges.
Can't wait to finish and make it raggy.


Hope I have time to join Wendy's linky party.
Have a good week!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment