Saturday, September 10, 2022

Delta Fair Show & new project

I tried something new. I entered three quilts into the Delta Fair.
My purpose was to support the quilt guild by participating in an activity that promotes quilting.

I was surprised to get red ribbons for each of my quilts.

Some of the quilts were hung in glass fronted cabinets for display.

This is a mini quilt of the block "Geese round the pond".
I hand quilted it.


Next is a crib size Christmas quilt hung way out of reach with other quilts.
I embellished the quilt with jingle bells and gold beads.


Last is a wall hanging with raw edge appliqué.
It hangs over my piano at home but was in a glass case at the fair.
Reflections from the glass.


My new sewing room has a small white board that I am using to keep on top of deadlines.
My grandkids both have birthdays in September and I planned to make them clothes.
They are going to the beach in October so I have a little time.
I'm making a play mat for Kenton's toy cars and trucks. His birthday is the 25th.


But I got side tracked from my list by the "Celebrate" quilt below.

I saw it in an email and thought it would be great to have for family celebrations.


I am finished with the top and ready to baste, quilt and bind it.
The kit included backing and binding fabric.
I think I'm going to add some beads to the quilting.


Check back next week end for a progress report.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment