Sunday, September 18, 2022

Celebrations Quilt & Present for Birthday Boy

Celebrate wall hanging/quilt has been machine quilted and bound.
It is in the process of being embellished with big stitch hand quilting and beads.

Sneak peak below after it was trimmed and before binding.


The backing is enough to make me hungry for cupcakes.
The machine quilting was done with black thread on the top and pinkish thread in the bobbin.
Just enough quilting to keep the layers in place.


Also finished this play mat for the birthday boy.
I intended to make a drawstring so the mat could be picked up easily with the toy vehicles inside.
Rethinking that idea. May use hook and loop tabs to fold the sides to the middle instead.


In other non-sewing news - I joined the Memphis Symphony Chorus on Monday.
That fulfills the 'Sing' part of my blog title. I'm looking forward to making music with the group.

I also joined two books clubs at the library. (Read) One by zoom and one in person.

Mr. M and I got Covid boosters this week, too.
Ready to head to NYC and the grands.

More photos next time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment