Friday, December 10, 2021

Two weeks until Christmas

Two weeks until Christmas and most of the sewing projects are complete.

I made the bag from a new, easy weekender pattern.
I will make more like this since I have 3 more pieces of canvas and the zippers.


The bag is for Miss A's doll and accessories.

The rest of the project is to make clothes for the doll.
Below is my trial run at some slippers.
I used a linen silk yarn that I've had in my yarn stash for several years.
It frays and isn't very soft.
I changed the free pattern from knit to crochet.
The left slipper is bigger than the right one.


Next step was to purchase a yarn that better fit the slipper requirements.
I found 3 cute colors in 100 yard skeins and made the second pair of slippers.
These will work better than the first pair.
I used a size E crochet hook and single crochet for dimensions on the pattern.


Next a black velvet sleeveless top paired with a gold and black brocade skirt.


Add another skirt - Christmas plaid.


A summer stripe with button trim.
Miss A had a dress made of this fabric that she has outgrown.


A coat and scarf from blush pink plush fabric.
I used a blanket stitch around the edge instead of a lining or facings.
Miss A had a jacket made from this fabric.


Navy check high waist dress is the last of this batch.
I plan to make PJ's, a sleeping bag, and a 30's style pink polkadot dress.


Some of the patterns are from Pixie Faire and others are McCalls.
I found some cute shoes at Hobby Lobby.

Going house viewing tomorrow.
Have a good week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment